Hello everyone! Get ready for several blog posts over the next week as I catch up. After posting my mom’s famous (okay…famous to me because I am obsessed) gluten free Chicken Chili photo on instagram (Ps if you aren’t following me already..join the fun by following me @glutenfreeandglittery), I was asked for the recipe.
Here’s the best part…this is a crock pot recipe. AKA throw it all in on your way to work/school/the gym/wherever and it is pretty much ready when you return. Also, it freezes and re-heats very well! My mom always makes me huge batches when she visits so that I can have lunch for quite some time.
Ingredients Part 1:
- 1 large white onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (total 8oz) chopped green chilies
- 2 large bell peppers of any color–pick your favorite! 🙂
- 2 large potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- A couple handfuls of carrots cut up into bite size pieces
- 6 (or more) cloves of garlic
- 1 tbs ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Red pepper flakes
Ingredients Part 2:
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts
- 3 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern beans–rinsed and drained
- 1 jar alfredo sauce–make sure it is gluten free! We use Classico because it is gluten free
- 1 bag frozen sweet white corn
- 1 8 oz bag of cheese–we prefer Jalapeño cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cook Ingredients Part 1 in crock pot on high for a few hours until potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Add Ingredients Part 2 and turn crock pot on low.
- Let simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve over rice or gluten free pasta–or just eat as is! 🙂
- Freeze leftovers–this meal is PERFECT for saving in freezer for a busy week. Re-heats super well.
- Less than 30 minutes
- 4-5 hours
- Makes at least 10 meals
Adjust according to your preferences! For instance, I do not like to touch or cook raw meat—especially chicken. So I buy pre-cooked chicken to add in. John Soule’s Foods offers fully cooked chicken breast strips with rib meat for chicken fajitas. It is marked gluten free right on the bag! How cool is that?
If you decide to try this, let me know how it easy! What is your favorite crock pot recipe?? 🙂 Have a wonderful rest of your week!